If you are on regular medication and the doctor has authorised for you to have a repeat prescription, you can request one (allowing for 2 working days for collection) in the following ways
- Online via the link at the top of this page
- Email your prescription request to: Wellington.email@example.com
- Ask you pharmacist to request your repeat prescription on your behalf
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to speak to a Doctor, Pharmacist or Nurse Practitioner at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure you book a telephone consultation appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Electronic Prescription Service
Many local pharmacies now use the NHS Electronic Prsecription Service (EPS). EPS is an NHS wide system that links pharmacies and GP surgeries electronically. This enables us to tell the pharmacy what drugs you need without a paper prescription being printed.
To use EPS you simply need to ‘nominate’ a pharmacy to receive your prescriptions using the nomination form and the rest is automatic. You can either bring the form to our reception or take it to the pharmacy. Whichever way you use to order your medication the prescription will be sent to your nominated pharmacy and they will have the items ready for you to collect in about 3 working days.
Please note that at the moment we cannot send prescriptions for certain ‘controlled drugs’ by EPS.
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
From 1 April 2019, the charges are:
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
- If you will need to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC. The charge for a single prescription item is £9.15, whereas a three month PPC will cost you £29.65 and a 12 month PPC £105.90.
- PPC telephone advice line 0300 330 1341
- General Public – Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website