If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice please let us know.  We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.

How to Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If it is not possible to do this, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • within 12 months of the date on which the matter occurred;
  • OR, within 12 months of the date on which the matter came to the notice of the complainant.

If you wish to make either a verbal or written complaint, you can request to speak to our Practice Manager, Philip Owen-Halley to discuss your complaint. You may be asked to forward your complaint in writing. It would be a great help if you could be as specific as possible about your complaint.

Mr Philip Owen-Halley
Practice Manager
Wellington Practice
Aldershot Centre for Health
Hospital Hill
Aldershot, Hampshire.
GU11 1AY.

What we shall do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within three working days of receipt and will provide you with a time frame to fully investigate the issues raised. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.  When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:
Find out what happened and what went wrong:

  • make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
  • make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
  • identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so.  A form signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable of providing this due to illness, if they are under 16 years of age or deceased.

We provide a Patient Authorisation Form that requests all the necessary information and just requires a signature from the patient once their representative has completed it.

Complaining to the Health Services Ombudsman

It is the aim of the NHS Complaints Procedure that complaints be resolved at a local practice level. However, if you remain dissatisfied you have the right to request an independent review by the Health Services Ombudsman.

If you have any questions about whether the Ombudsman may be able to help you or about how to make a complaint please contact them:-

Helpline: 0845 015 4033

In writing:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Further information can be found on their website at: