Decision support tools: making a decision about a health condition
These decision support tools are designed to support shared decision making between people and a clinician. People may find they are useful before, during or between consultations depending on their care pathway.
- Gallstones: making a decision about gallstones
- Inguinal hernia: making a decision about inguinal hernia
- Prostate: making a decision about enlarged prostate (BPE)
- Tonsillitis: making a decision about recurrent tonsillitis in children and adults
- Varicose veins: making a decision about treatment for varicose veins
These tools have been developed in accordance with The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence standards framework for shared decision making support tools, including patient decision aids.