Important information for patients about GP services
Making an appointment
- Our GP practice has now moved to a total triage system. This means that all requests for appointments must be made via the phone [01252 335460] or online through our website;
- Each request will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we treat you by phone, video link, or we may ask you to come for a face-to-face consultation;
- Access to the surgery premises or another local surgery will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
- If you need to have a face to face appointment, you may be asked to attend a different surgery and details will be provided to you at the time. Specific information for arriving at your appointment will also be advised.
- Whilst you may have to go to a different surgery building to the one you are used to and you might see a doctor or nurse who you are not familiar with. Your records will still be accessible securely to you and to them.
- Please bring a face covering or mask if you have one and do not arrive in the building more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from either your pharmacist or from NHS online;
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you call 111 for this or visit our website to access e-consult
- If you think you may have Covid-19, DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19;
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call 01252 335460 and we will discuss your needs;
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your online app or speaking to your pharmacist or GP surgery directly.
- You can email the practice at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check our website for updates
People at high risk – including older people, people with health conditions and pregnant women.