The Care Quality Commission (CQC) are the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) makes sure hospitals, care homes, dental and GP surgeries, and all other care services in England provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high quality care, and encourages these services to make improvements.
The CQC does this by inspecting services and publishing the results on its website to help you make better decisions about the care you receive.
Click on the link below to give feedback
Give feedback on care – Care Quality Commission (cqc.org.uk)
OUR LATEST CQC REPORT – https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-7654468542/reports
Principles of the CQC
Throughout everything the CQC does, it always:
- puts people who use services at the heart of its work
- has an open and accessible culture
- is independent, rigorous, fair and consistent
- works in partnership across the health and social care system
- is committed to being a high-performing organisation
- promotes equality, diversity and human rights
How the CQC does its job
The CQC carries out its role in the following ways:
- Setting national standards of quality and safety that people can expect whenever they receive care.
- Registering care services that meet national standards.
- Monitoring, inspecting and regulating care services to make sure they continue to meet the standards.
- Protecting the rights of vulnerable people, including those whose rights are restricted under the Mental Health Act.
- Listening to and acting on your experiences.
- Involving people who use services.
- Working in partnership with other organisations and local groups.
- Challenging all providers, with the worst performers getting the most attention.
- Making fair and authoritative judgements supported by the best information and evidence.
- Taking appropriate action if care services are failing to meet the standards.
- Carrying out in-depth investigations to look at care across the system.
- Reporting on the quality of care services, publishing clear and comprehensive information, including performance ratings to help people choose care.